Academic editing is best when you want an expert editor to help you achieve the highest standard of English to maximise the impact of your writing and make the most of your work.
Experienced academic editors
With our academic editing service, we correct errors and edit your work, recommending changes in language and expression so your arguments are clear, concise and compelling. Our team is experienced in editing all kinds of academic document.
Any type of academic document can be edited. We work with documents in Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Apple Pages and LaTeX. We can apply standards including AMA, APA, Chicago, IEEE, MHRA, Harvard and Vancouver.
When to choose editing
Academic editing is best for material that needs improvement in the overall quality of the writing. Editing includes:
- Correction of all spelling, grammar and punctuation errors.
- Improved word choice and sentence structure for fluency and clarity.
- Recommendations for better readability, tone and flow.
- Suggested improvements in heading and paragraph structure.
- Correction of referencing style, where appropriate.
- Consistent use of abbreviations and capitalisation.
- Confirmation of compliance with an applicable style guide.
If your writing has been thoroughly edited and already reads well, Academic Proofreading may better suit your needs. With proofreading, we eliminate the spelling, grammar and punctuation errors but do not suggest improvements.
What you get
You will receive a document written in excellent English that makes the most of your content, with the appropriate style and tone.
We provide advice and suggestions and explain our changes to help you improve your writing style.
We include free revisions and work with you to refine the wording and make final adjustments until your document is ready for submission or publication.
We use track changes so you can see what we have edited and you keep control of your document.