If you need help to polish your wording and improve clarity and impact, then manuscript editing is the right service for you. If you need a final check to ensure your work is ready for publication or submission, manuscript proofreading is the service to choose. If you are unsure, we can edit a sample to help you decide.
With manuscript editing, we work with you to make sure your writing retains the character and style you want to achieve. We understand your time pressures, and will agree timings with you at the outset so that we help you meet your deadline. We are very flexible and can review the final document or individual chapters as you finish them.
The Proof & Edit Company. A team of experts who share a passion for written English.
Personal, flexible and friendly service. Top quality proofreading and editing.
What is included
Manuscript editing includes:
- Identification of missing or redundant text
- Recommended improvements in logical order and structure
- Appropriateness of wording, tone and use of language for the audience
- Accuracy and anomalies including misquotations, errors of fact, misused words
- Consistency of spelling, hyphenation, capitalisation, abbreviations
- Comprehensive advice for improving clarity, fluency and impact
What you get
We provide the expertise to maximise the impact of your writing while ensuring that the character and style reflect your voice as the author. You will receive a copy of your manuscript edited by an expert in written English. We use track changes for error correction and comments to add recommended improvements. This approach allows you to keep full control of your manuscript.